MasterM is not the only one who feels this way. I am also a fan of Parker Rain and have the same questions, along with a few others.
When you look at the math MasterM laid out, it just doesn't make any sense. Plus the fact that someone can apparently compete in a particular category without actually doing anything or putting in time online in that way.
There are a couple of other oddities about FOTY; how much effort and time does it take to be in DM+ running?
It seems that all you'd have to do here is be breathing and answer messages. I looked around at the stats and the winners of the Duo category hadn't been online since October!
There should be some minimum standards for competing in any category - be online regularly and actually perform in the category a minimum number of days/hours each month are two that I can think of. That seems to make a lot of sense at least to me. How about it, Flirt?
:quote_begin::As a long-standing member of the F4F community, I find it necessary to write about my extreme displeasure with the FOTY contest this year. I participate yearly in the contest by casting votes and credits to models whom I find worthy. I have no qualms or pretensions that my opinion of ‘worthy’ differs from other members, and accept the results cast by the broad membership.
I do have a problem when I believe that my time, effort, and money are being wasted by the site and its administrative/operating directors. I am speaking specifically about the Fan Club category this year. I am an unabashed fan of Parker Rain, who, in my opinion, runs the best, most professional, and consistent fan club on the site. I have enjoyed her Fan Club so much that I invested at least 3,000 credits per month this year to keep my membership active. I know that I am not the only member who has done this. This year’s results have just been posted, albeit extremely attenuated from the conclusion of the contest, showing Eva Sin as the winner. Once again, I have no problem with a model other than the one I chose winning the competition. I have a big problem, however, when the model, albeit F4F’s GOAT, does not participate in a Fan Club offering no (or limited) shows or special content throughout the year.
Please explain how any model under such circumstances could even qualify to compete in this category. I understand that the competition results are based on credit compilation, but when one offers nothing to the category except a plea at the end of the year to their devotees to join a fictitious fan club, something is not right for models who strive for excellence throughout the entire year. To qualify for the category, I think one should contribute at least an hour or two per month to performing in the Fan Club, or offer content available only to Fan Club members. The process being used is indeed flawed.
I admit I don’t know the formula you use to calculate competition credits; however, on all but 5 days this year, it took six times as many credits to join Parker Rain’s Fan Club as it did for any other on the site. Using any viable formula, based on most models' fan club charges, other models would have to consistently bring in more than six times as many fans as Parker. There are at least 10 consistent monthly members of Parker’s Fan Club each month, not counting others who may join to try it out. That means the next-closest model would have to consistently have at least 50 more members than Parker’s club does monthly. I’m not sure you could prove to me that any one Fan Club on the site consistently has 60 members per month.
Something must be done to improve the way this category is calculated next year. Until I get an answer on how it will be accomplished, I will withhold purchasing fan clubs. The process feels fraudulent and a waste of my credits and loyalty. That’s the biggest pity of all, given my many years on F4F.
Quote